J.R. Tolkien

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R. Tolkien

Saturday, February 6, 2016

How Yummy Pollo Rocked My Husband's World

Photo from Yummy Pollo

My husband is very easy to please when it comes to food, give him meat and lots of it, and he'll be a happy man.  I can count on one hand his absolutely favorite places to eat in Louisville.  Today, I'm featuring one of two reviews he's ever written because this chicken place is his absolutely favorite (I like it too but to a lesser extreme).

Yummy Pollo - Guest Review by Frank B. 


I absolutely have to be floored by a place for me to write something. Even the tablet I wrote this on was about to die which I could of just given up then (wife says I'm lazy) but hell, I was that determined to give this place the recognition it deserves. With mighty spell check in tow (she also says I'm a horrible speller), I carried forth!

We've tried to eat at Yummy Pollo on several occasions but it was always closed due to it's odd hours but from the little positive word of mouth at the time, we were adamant about trying it and boy am I glad we never gave up.

Outside
Inside the restaurant
As soon as we stepped inside the owner greeted us with a smile. Each time we come into this place he greets us like we've been friends forever, which my wife thinks I secretly hope for because he's genuinely that nice!

The owner
The menu isn't that large and that's perfectly OK because their name is yummy chicken and dang it, all I want is some yummy chicken! Simplicity...I love it because they do it so well. When ordering it's basically how much of a chicken do you want and what parts. When it comes to coal roasted chicken, they know exactly what they are doing. That chicken is phenomenal (yup I spell checked that one). The meat comes right off the bone...EVERY TIME and every time I have this exact conversation:

Me: Watch this (yummy meat falls off the bone)
Wife: I know.
Me: But do you really...do you? (as I stuff my face)

Quarter chicken and 2 sides, $6.75
Half mix and 2 sides, $8.45
Menu. Photo by Kelly Y
The seasoning used for it is amazing. They give you 2 different sauces to try and honestly I could eat the chicken without it. It's that juicy and flavorful. I've been to this establishment quite a few times and it's never disappointed me. The sides are also freshly made everyday ranging from fresh veggies to fantastic yucca fries. The chicken rice is something I normally get as my side because it complements the main chicken entree very well. What's the price for all this deliciousness? For half a chicken and 2 sides which is what I normally get, it's under 10 bucks!


Healthy sides
I'm a health nut and I consume a lot of chicken which is one of those things that if you don't cook right, it can be down right bland but Yummy Pollo knows exactly how to make it damn tasty. With great food and pricing, you've forever won a place in my heart Yummy Pollo. In fact, I've made myself hungry after writing this so I'll see you in a bit!

*You can also find Frank B.'s review on Yelp*

Yummy Pollo
4222-B Bishop Ln
Louisville, KY 40218
Phone number (502) 618-1400
M-F: 11 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Saturday: 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment