J.R. Tolkien

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R. Tolkien

Friday, August 29, 2014

August Recap

It’s been a full month since I made updates on any activities.  It’s been a busy month! So I’m rolling out four posts for each of the week I’ve missed.   What’s been going on lately?

My husband finished his first Ironman ever this past weekend, that’s 2.4 miles swim in the Ohio River, 112 miles of biking and 26.2 miles of running, all in one day! I’m proud of his accomplishment and so is he.  So proud in fact that you’ll see him decked out in Ironman gears for the rest of the year!


This year marks the 20th year our family has been in the U.S. and the first time vacationing together EVER as a family.  A little bit hectic now that there are several editions to the family.  But we had a great time at the beach and spending time together as a family.  My favorite of course is that my sisters did all the cooking.


We’re involved in several community projects that I’m super excited about.  I’m currently working with a group of amazing ladies revamping our Oral History Project.  We’ll be interviewing and recording stories of Vietnamese living in Louisville, sharing them on-line and archiving them at the U of L library. Our project won the Kentucky Historical Society Award a few years ago.  Check back for updates on this.  We’ll also be participating in the WorldFest and the first ever Louisville Dragon Boat Festival.

I can’t wait for other adventures awaiting us the rest of the year.

1 comment: